Friday, August 24, 2012

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Hello, my name is Sara Touchstone. I'm a first-year. I graduated from a high school in Katy, Texas, but I have lived in other places. I was born in Arlington, Texas, from there I moved to Tucson, Arizona, then Williston, Vermont, Beaconsfield, England, Kerrville, Texas, and finally Houston, Texas. At the present time, I plan on majoring in English. I would like to join the 5 year program in teacher education here at Trinity because I want to be an elementary school teacher. 

My technological skills don't branch out too far. I know enough to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint effectively, but I feel I don't know many of the shortcuts or other things to make better use of the software. 

In high school, I participated in cross country, soccer, and track and field, so I enjoy running. I also enjoy reading. Currently, I am reading The Shining by Steven King since I love the Stanley Kubrick film so much. I love to bake and listen to oldies, hence the title of this blog. I like watching shows like Friends, Arrested Development, The Twilight Zone, and the Dick Van Dyke Show. Also, my not-so-secret fact was that I love Mork & Mindy. I own the first season, and hope to be getting the other three seasons soon (if they ever release the fourth season on DVD). 



Contact me at stouchst@trinity.edu

2 comments:

  1. Very Interesting, Sara!I too, have insufficient experience with many forms of software that aren't a part of the Microsoft Office bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I love Arrested Development too! My favorite episode is when they burn down the Bluth banana stand. Did you know they are making a fourth season now?

    ReplyDelete